Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tone Letter

Dear Manager,

                I would just like to take a moment to thank you for your thoughtfulness, which I was honored enough to receive from your restaurant only this past week. I must say the service was absolutely phenomenal; I only had to wait an hour before being asked if I was ready to look at the menu.
                It is important to give some context as to why I am so shocked to have such great service. I am a traveling businessman from the great state of New Mexico. Back in New Mexico we have this horrible habit of getting the menu immediately, ordering in five minutes, and then eating another ten minutes later. Now that I think about, I can’t believe that I was able to put up with such disgusting and barbaric behavior back in my home state. I think I will have to go sit in the corner to punish myself for all that I have allowed to happen.
The greatness of your restaurant only shined further after I received my meal. At first I was awfully confused why the waiter gave me a jar of chunky peanut butter, but then he told me how it would better suit my “crummy taste buds”. When I asked him about the fact that it was already half clawed at and eaten, with varying streaks and stains from many human hands, he gave me an answer that set aside any worry I might’ve had: It adds more flavor. His logic was so persuasive I nearly decided to devour the entire jar whole, despite my deathly allergy to peanuts, which as most restaurants require, I informed my server before placing my order.
                I then decided that your restaurant was far too classy for me, so I left. I clearly could not handle the level of sophistication that Louisiana has compared to my lackluster state of New Mexico. In fact I was so ashamed; I didn’t stop driving, not until I was out of the border of your tremendous state.
                Once I was in Texas, I settled in at a cattle ranch and had a savory steak that was nowhere near comparable to that divine jar of chunky peanut butter. While eating the melting onions which were drizzled over the freshly grilled steak, I started crying about missing out on your glorious restaurant’s food. I am not worthy of it, I told myself.
                I again would like to thank you. I hope that your restaurant keeps all of it’s standards the same, and doesn't change them in anyway.  Your restaurant was by far the best one I have been to, ever.

Best Regards,

                P. Wilton

No comments:

Post a Comment